It’s Friday so it’s time for the weekly Scattered Life Collective round-up. I’m going to be out of town next week and unplugged, and I’ve been running around this week trying to get things in order. So I’m feeling quite scattered this week. I’m a bit sad that April’s poetry celebration is over, but I’m ready to fully embrace May as flower month.
current time: 4:30 pm
- watching birds gather materials for nests. Love is in the air.
- lovely notes from friends
- chocolate macadamia nut cookies
- prepping for next week’s retreat and get more and more excited
- finding the perfect journal to pack for my trip
- knowing that Hecate is the goddess that has stepped forward to overlight the month of May for me. Feels like some powerful shifts are going happen.
- bendy striped straws
- my new Herkimer earrings
- the tulip magnolia tree next door is blossoming
- loving the expansive invitation of this Tibetan proverb: “A woman’s heart needs to be vast plane upon which a horse could run.”
out the window: One of the little kids on the block is learning to ride a bike. There’s lot of squealing and parental encouragement. Makes my heart happy
on the menu: Are you as big a fan of breakfast for dinner as I am? I don’t know why I don’t do it more often since it delights me so. But tonight I am, making this Herbed Ricotta Baked Eggs dish part of the fare, along with a fruit salad and a delicious artisan bread. Can’t wait.
watching: Oz The Great and Powerful, the Disney prequel to the Wizard of Oz. A little mindless entertainment which was the perfect accompaniment to my practice-my-rudimentary-knitting-skills session. Some of the animation was really wonderful, and I really liked the poppy field. I’d forgotten that I’d once been a field poppy myself. Back when I was a kid and taking ballet lessons. Alas I was exceptionally untalented and remarkably ungraceful so for my part in the dance recital I got to wear a wonderful red costume and stand there and sway a little. LOL – it was a part truly created to maximize my talents!
listening: I’m not entirely sure what my current fascination with the Nordic countries is all about, but Iceland is up on my radar. Perhaps it’s because I’m enchanted with the idea of seeing the Northern Lights and Iceland comes highly recommended.
But in any case, this week’s discovery is the Icelandic group Arsitdir. They’ve just successfully funded their third album through Kickstarter. I’m such a fan of crowdfunding. It feels like such a positive way to support what you love and believe in. With their second album they had to put up one of their member’s home as collateral to get a high- interest bank loan in order to produce their album. I’m glad Kickstarter was able to fund this new album.
Around and About:
- While sushi isn’t my favorite food, I am a fan of wonderful art. How can you not love artist Tama-chan’s work?
- I’m charmed by the work of Aaron and Ayumi Piland of Apak Studio. They have an Instagram blog and an Etsy shop, but I’m heading you over to this little curation of their work which I love.
- This, too, makes my heart happy.
- I’ve mentioned before my love of the illustrations Carla Torres creates, but here’s a peek at one of her earlier series – a daily practice she called The Napkin Project. So delightful.
There you have it – a quick peek at my week. What’s yours been like? Can you explain to me how it’s May already? Have you ever seen the aurora borealis? Ride a bicycle? Draw on napkins? Do tell – you know I love to hear.