Beautiful Friday, the day dedicated to Venus. I’m really feeling surrounded by wonders and beauty, and what better day to play in The Scattered Life Collective. Here’s what’s up for me…
current time: 4:30 pm
out the window: Sun, glorious sun. The grass is morphing into a slightly greener shade of post-winter brown. And there is one lone crocus poking its beautiful head up. My heart is very happy indeed.
on the menu: Spring is here. In a few days we’ll be celebrating the Full Pink Moon. What better time to start breaking out the pinks. And I’m starting with salade-russe tonight.
- Robin spotting
- Those little cosmic winks that bring delight. For example, last night I was having a discussion with friends about how each one of us experiences a different set of money fears, and yet how the issue seemed to be up for everyone. And then vowing to myself to be open to receiving money in fun and unexpected ways. And so what happened this morning? I found money in my mailbox. Not a check-in-an-envelope money, but loose money. Okay, I’ll admit it wasn’t much – a nickel to be exact – but still it made me laugh and what’s better than that?
- The first iced coffee of the year
- Meeting myself with kindness and compassion and letting go of some very old stories.
- Visiting with my brother and laughing over spectacularly entertaining nighttime dreams.
- Lunch with my SIL and a friend, which included lots of laughter, a mesmerizing tale of youthful adventures, and too-good-to-be-true blintzes.
listening: Mumford & Sons – After the Storm
I love this line:
“Get over your hill and see what you find there, With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.”
I kind of feel like that – that it’s time to get over my hill, it’s time to see what’s there waiting for me now. And I most certainly want to show up with grace and flowers in my hair. I’ve decided that this is the phrase I’ll be doing my Lectio Divina practice with this month.
reading: Larry & Friends by Carla Torres and Nat Jaspar
I’m totally in love with this children’s book. It’s set in New York City and celebrates immigration, diversity, and friendship with the most charming characters ever.
And what makes me smile even more – this was a Kickstartr project! It delights me beyond measure that good stuff happens with community support, and that we all get to make meaningful contributions to creating the world we want to see.
Do check out the book on Carla Torres website.
out and about:
- I’m celebrating the first crocus of Spring, but the flower’s magic doesn’t stop there. Did you know saffron is harvested in the autumn from the stigma of Crocus sativus? There’s lots of info about saffron and its uses in this natural perfume blog post.
- One of the things I’m most committed to is encouraging everyone to show up full on as their true soul selves. And it’s not always an easy task. We have so many ingrained stories about everything – about ourselves, about others. Our perceptions get warped. We can’t see ourselves, nor do we take the time to see each other. I was fascinated by these two stories that seem so fitting to my quest:
- Photographer takes hideous photos of herself… so every other photo of her will look awesome.
- Masters in our Midst
- A very rare tree
- another mysterious tree
on my wish list: Aren’t these fun? House rings by Clive Roddy
That’s my take on this week. What about you? What thing of beauty is Venus encouraging you to really see? What’s been entertaining your brain and delighting your heart? Have an opinion about pink? Do tell – you know I love to hear.