It’s Friday and that means it’s time to play in the Scattered Life Collective for a peek into my world this week.
out the window: Fabulous flower boxes on my porch railing. I left this go for SO long this year, but clearly it was worth the wait because I’m ever so happy now.
on the menu: Watermelon Jicama Salad with Queso Fresco and Honey Lime Vinaigrette. Doesn’t this sound like a perfect summer dish – all sparkly refreshing?
- Last Saturday was a full moon. While often known as the Full Buck Moon, one of the many other names it’s known by is Horn/Antler Moon. That felt more right to me this year based on a couple of dreams I had – one about antler velvet and the other about Mar the backwards Ram. I do love my dreams! And I’ve been having lots of extra ones this week. I’ve been so tired I’ve needed to fit in a number of naps. Yay for more dream time.
- I hardly know how to describe it but my uber-talented friend did a fabulous reading for me that has blown me out of the water. Let me just say there were colors involved, deep seeing, and marvelous interpretations. When I talk her into offering these by mail you’ll be the first to hear about it because everyone needs some of this awesomeness. Yes they do!
- Amazing experience seeing light emanating as rays from an object. I’m sure there is a technical term for this optical experience, but I’ve yet to find it. However, that in no way diminishes the awesomeness of it. This one is labeled in capital letters WOW-WORTHY.
- Setting intentions with friends and having them help hold the visions and energy. Fun and so helpful!
- Playing in Mindy Tsonas’ Inner Alchemy Circle Fire group where we’re each creating our own fire alchemy deck. This feels like a delicious warm-up practice – I’ve got a lot of decks in me wanting to be created.
My husband passed two library books on to me this week – both stories about serial killers and both with psychologists as important characters. Given my training in psychology he sometimes likes to discuss psychological concepts that pop up and so we had a few things to talk about around these stories. I’m not sure I’m giving these a put-on-your-list recommendation but they were both suspenseful and if you like that thing you might want to give them a try. Fear Nothing by Lisa Gardner and Hangman: A Novel by Stephen Talty.
listening/ watching: Since I haven’t really watched anything this week, I’m going to combine this category because I’ve been fascinated by the video from Joanna Newsom’s song Peach Plum Pear. Newsom is new to me and at first I found her voice annoying, but now it’s oddly compelling and nuanced. And so are the vintage video clips. I feel like I’m peeking into a very strange universe.
favorite word of the week: astraphobia: fear of thunder and lightning
project I’m loving to support: The Drinkable Book project by Water is Life. Annually 3.4 MILLION people die from water-related illnesses. This is a brilliant help – each page of the book can clean 100 liters of water, and the entire book can provide a single person with four years of clean water. Yes!
out and about:
- This makes me laugh. One of my cats, Jupiter, is a big guy with a tail that’s stronger than steel. I like to call him Juperman, tease his about his superpowers, and threaten to make him wear a superhero costume. Maybe I just need to get this.
- Kathleen Lolley’s art is fabulous.
- Tara Leaver on the importance of a creative team.
- Some day perhaps I’ll get to visit Rijksmuseum, the Dutch national art and history museum. But in the meantime I enjoyed seeing this project where Etsy designers created works inspired by the museum’s collection. I especially like the bouquet breathing dragon.
So there you have it – this week’s roundup from WeberWorld. What’s been happening in your world? Any animals visiting your dreams? Have a summer recipe you love? Have a beloved pet you know deserves a special costume? Do tell – you know I love to hear.