It’s Friday and you know what that means around here – a peek into my week ala the Scattered Life Collective.
out the window: What a gorgeous day outside – a bit of a breeze blowing the trees and urging some the leaves into freefall. The sun is shining for the first time in days. While some of the trees have turned golden, so far I’m not seeing a whole lot of brilliant reds and oranges this year. There’s still lots of green though, so the turning season is still early.
on the menu: My CSA box contained blue potatoes this week and so I’m going to give this Fresh Corn and Blue Potato Hash recipe a try.
- Nights have been chilly enough now to switch out the summer bedding. And I bought a new duvet cover I’m loving. Autumn colors may not be showing up on the trees, but I’m sleeping under them.
- Doing a daily card draw from one of my many collected oracle and tarot decks.
- I’m gearing up for a couple fun online classes that begin next week. First up is the next section of Mindy Tsona’s Inner Alchemy where we’ll be putting together Earth oracle decks (following Summer’s Fire decks). And then there is Marybeth Bonfiglio’s Arcanum class which will be delving into the 22 major arcana of the tarot. Although I am quite familiar with tarot, I have a sense this journey is going to take me deeper into my own explorations and the decks I want to be creating.
- Finding a misplaced pair of glasses (in a place where I had looked several times already). Made me smile and speculate that those spectacles went on a bit of a walkabout. I wonder what they saw.
reading: A Year in Japan by Kate T. Williamson. What a fabulous little find! It’s an offbeat look at some delightfully obscure facts about Japanese culture as she learned about during a year’s stay there. It’s filled with her artwork. My floriography rating is an armload of peach blossoms which stands for “I am your captive.”
watching: I do love spoken word poet Shane Koyczan and his Shoulders.
listening: Ylvis What Does the Fox Say has been on heavy rotation this week. I met a fox in my dreams this week and so of course I’ve had to play the song. A lot. And now I pretty much want a fox costume. Several weeks ago I had a dream where a friend and I found out we owned a costume shop. I bet I’ve got a fox costume there!
favorite word of the week: cimmerian (si-MIR-ee-uhn) – adjective: Very dark or gloomy.
project I’m loving to support: I’m really not much of a computer game person aside from the occasional round of Spider or Mahjogn. While I’m awaiting the reissue of the fabulous Grim Fandango I didn’t think anything else would catch my attention. But somehow Elegy for a Dead World: A Game About Writing Fiction popped up on my radar and I think this Kickstarter-funded project sounds like it might be fun.
on the wish list: What a delight to discover the Seven Stars Tarot site this week. And this Sola Busca deck has me swooning.
out and about:
- Alisa Burke does know how to paint pretty pumpkins.
- I have a great fondness for Havi Brooks and her work. She’s complicated and smart and works very hard at knowing herself in her constant unfolding, and teaching others to look deeply as well. Right now she’s navigating the death of her mother and I found this post particularly thought-provoking.
- With fox being so present on my radar I couldn’t help but smile when Carla Sonheim posted this.
- I love this illustration by Marc Johns. But I’m also inspired by the idea of what “things” make up a person. I’m pondering this for myself and suspect I’ll be playing around with it quite a bit.
So there you have it – I’ve shown and told. Your turn. What’s been happening in your week? What things are you made of? What computer games do you play? What animal would dress up as? Do tell – you know I love to hear.