Oh dear, I just lost all of my post! That hasn’t happened in a while, but apparently knowing that doesn’t make it any more amusing. Ok, deep breath. Ah that’s better. Luckily I’m using some of Mermade Magickal Arts incense which makes my nose happy. Moving on, let’s see what I can reconstruct, given that my brain is an ever-moving river that has likely meandered over a whole lot of territory since…
Here we are at Friday again, so it’s time for a Scattered Life Collective post. This has been an amazing week – it feels like so much has shifted. What can I say? Give me an equinox and call it Spring and I’m good to go.
current time: 4:30 pm
on the menu: I’m enjoying blood oranges right now. Oh how I love them. Their taste; their fragrance; their color, which I’ve decided is my favorite color of the moment. Up later will be hummus with pita and a spinach salad. Yum!
out the window: There are actually large patches of un-snow-covered grass now available for my viewing pleasure. How my heart sighs in happiness.
reading: I devoted most of my reading time to finishing a few more chapters in the S book. It’s slow going between the text, the footnotes, and the secondary story line contained in the margins and paraphernalia stuck in between various pages. My fave this week was the map of the university campus drawn on a napkin.
listening: My appropriate find this week was a remix of The Color of Spring by Talk Talk’s Mark Hollis.
watched: Waste Land. Two thumbs up for this documentary of artist Vik Muniz’s collaboration with the marginalized trash pickers of Brazil.
This week I initiated two daily micro practices that have proven delightful.
- Drawing/sketching/doodling for just a minute or two as a reminder of my connection to my Soul self. Totally fun and surprisingly powerful – good things will come of this I’m quite sure.
- I was recently introduced to the 100 Happy Days project, and while I think it’s wonderful, it didn’t feel quite like a perfect-for-me fit to play in, mainly because my participation in social media is so entirely hit-or-miss. But that didn’t stop me from adapting the idea to something that works for me. So now I’m taking a daily photo of something that makes me happy and using the Collect app which posts it to a calendar to create an organized collage of photos. I suspect I’ll be posting these at some point when I’ve collected a few more.
- You know I love paper – I certainly write about it enough. So it’s always a delight to keep up with The Paper Chronicles. When Sarah blogged about some letterpress delights this week I swooned. I LOVE letterpress! And what could be more fun than to find out that I won some cards in her sponsored giveaway – the lovely yellow ones from Masako Kubo.
project I’m loving to support: Bee-Composed on Kickstarter. Love this!
Around and About:
- Today is World Poetry Day. I like to think of it as an appetizer to April’s National Poetry Month where we can swim in a month-long pool of poetry pleasures. In the meantime, here’s a clip from now 80-year old poet Fleur Adcock.
- Today is also World Fragrance Day. I hope you’re celebrating with fragrance, but you may also want to check out The Sound of Scent and Scent and the City
- While we can’t smell these beautiful flowers, these photos on Natalie Bowen Designs blog make my heart happy.
So there you have it, a peek at my week. What about you? What magic has made an appearance in your week? Do you have a favorite fragrance? A favorite poet? Do tell – you know I love to hear.