Happy Full Flower Moon!
Doesn’t that just feel delicious? Doesn’t it make you smile? I often make up my own names for things, but there are some traditional names marking the moon cycles that delight me: Pink Moon, Crow Moon, and this Flower Moon.
Last night I was on a call with a group of friends until close to midnight. After we hung up and I was closing up the house and saying goodnight to the moon as I like to do, I thought about La Luna shining her near-fullness of light on all of us, all in our separate places. Connecting us. Bathing us in moonbeams. Reminding us to lighten up, to laugh, to dream, to remember. Reminding us that whatever happens, whatever our circumstances, she continues to remind us we’re all global neighbors, and we all have our parts to play in weaving connections. It felt big and intimate at the same time; and I both felt like I had received a lovely lunar bouquet of love and that I wanted to give her a huge one in thanks. So that’s how I’m picturing her today – covered in blossoms.
And here we are once again at Friday, the day ruled by Venus who likes to spread love and beauty around for all of us to indulge in. And what better way to dip into those energies than to play in mission Link Love – Tammy of Daisy Yellow’s invitation to disseminate love and happiness by sharing links of creative blogs that inspire. Be sure to check out the links of other folks playing. What delights will we discover this week?
This week’s theme of my shares is loosely flower-related…
- Maya Donenfeld of Maya*Made is an inspiration for creatively using reclaimed, recycled, and sustainable resources. Poke around her site because she covers lots of interesting ground. But I’m linking her to a post this week with sweet little hand-carved lilac love notes. Because you know how I feel about lilacs and love notes. YES!
- A Daily Something. This was a new find for me this week, and it might not be the kind of blog I’d keep up with daily. It’s polished and styled and sponsored. But I sat down with a cup of tea and poked around and found lots of things that inspired me, the way a good design magazine might. My life is different from this, but I can certainly delight in the beauty and inspiration here. I’m linking to an older post (from April) because it has some wonderful floral displays, and you know I’m all about May flowers.
- I love whimsical art and Nelleke Verhoeff of Red Cheeks Factory has it covered in spades. While you’re there check out the project she did drawing faces for 365 days. Love it!
- Altoon Sultan of Studio and Garden wears dual hats as artist and gardener and her blog explores both, along with frequent trips to museums. I’m linking to a tulip post, but poke around and see what else she’s up to.
- This gem is making it to today’s list because of its name The Art Room Plant, but believe me it’s a treasure. Hazel Terry is the curator of a delightful gathering of creative and artistic finds. Her blog is like a party where you get introduced to an array of wonderful artists. Lots to explore and be delighted by.
So there you have this week’s peek into my file of faves. We’ll do some more exploring next week, but for now, do you have a link to share of one of your creative inspirations? Or maybe you have a moon story to share? Do you have a special plan for celebrating this Flower Moon? Do tell, you know I’d love to hear. I’m linking to Lori Moon’s May Flower challenge because of all the flower fun today, and I invite you to check that out as well.