This week has been a fun, gentle, sparkly one for me, with much as always to be grateful for. Here are a few of the items making up my gratitude gumbo:
1. No matter how wonderful things are it IS possible to add more sparkles and rainbows. Witness the photo at the top of this post – my Yule tree seen through diffraction grating glasses. We don’t do holidays around here without them!
2. I have a new Official Divine Job Title bequeathed to me by the always sparkly fun Jo Anna Rothman. Woot! I am:
Fanner of the Flames of Delight, Truth and Rhythm!
How wonderfully fun is that?! I do believe I need some special headwear and possibly a scepter to reflect this new designation. Flames? Feathers? What do you think?
I’m grateful for how Jo Anna always brings huge amounts of contagious fun to everything she touches, and she’s hands-down the best title dispenser ever. People line up in delightful anticipation when she agrees to dole them out and this week was no exception. Jo Anna, Big-Heart-of-Generosity, is founder of The Receiving Project is celebrating on her Facebook page with “The Chanukah Gift Giving Extravaganza.” Each day she’s offering something wonderful and Monday it was titles.
3. I love flower essences – they’ve been a big part of my own healing journey and certainly an important component of my work with clients. It’s always a delight for me when I see beauty and education married and Living Tree Orchid Essences does a fine job with that. They’ve taken some extraordinary photos (and time lapse videos) of the orchids they work with that are simply gorgeous. They have a number of them posted on their FB page and I encourage you to check them out.
4. Amy Palko is a brilliant Goddess guide and amazingly gifted holder of sacred space, and I’m really grateful for her work and for her friendship. And this week I received a 2013 My Word Goddess Guidance Reading from her. I love gathering bits of guidance and inspiration at this time of year – opening to glimpses of what support will be there as we step into the doorway of the upcoming year.
5. This week has been one of highly entertaining dreams, and I’m grateful that each night have a front row seat to the Theatre of My Mind. A few choice BIG IDEAS and inspirations popped through as well the nighttime magic week and that’s always an extra bonus to celebrate.
6. I’m grateful for my weekly year-round CSA delivery of yummy organic veggies and fruits. And the fact that they provide recipes as well! It’s makes it easy to make sure I’m loading up on some good nutritious stuff BEFORE I start supplementing with holiday treats that all seem to have my name written on them.
7. This week I discovered that there’s a song about my favorite Charles deLint characters The Crow Girls, written and performed by his wife MaryAnn Harris. I can’t believe I’ve been clueless for so long, but I’m grateful it’s now registered in my awareness. Because Crow Girls! Seriously what more is there to say?! You can have a preview listen here at CD Baby.
Ok, that’s a random glimpse into my pot of gratitudes this week. What’s been in yours? Do tell, I’d love to hear. Join me in my mission to spread the magic of gratitude one awareness at a time.