While I’m normally wishing time would move a bit slower, this week I’m totally delighted to find it’s Friday already. I have had a LONG week with a boatload of snags, but I decided to shut the door on that and declare this the official beginning of my holiday weekend. Just to cement my intention in place I started the day with breakfast out which is always a good thing in my book.
In keeping with the spirit of a peek into my week ala The Scattered Life Collective, here’s what’s been happening in my part of the universe.
out the window: It’s been hot and oh-so-humid for the past week and a half so it doesn’t feel like summer is even thinking of giving up her grip yet. But I’m not sure the squirrels got her message because the first official sighting has just occurred – an industrious plan-ahead squirrel has just buried a nut in my porch flower boxes.
on the menu: I’ve got zucchini and I’ve got peaches and this sounds like a holiday kind of dessert.
- There were a lot of silver linings in this week. My credit card got hacked (someone planned a nice overseas airflight and a new wardrobe of designer sneakers). The silver lining is that my credit card company expedited a new card to me the next day.
- The next unexpected challenge was my internet service turned all wonky this week and I was offline more often than not. We ended up upgrading and had a fabulous service guy. While he was drilling the hole for the wire the electricity went off, and I had a mini freakout. It turns out it was totally unrelated, but when it comes to electricity I am not a rational person. I understand quantum physics a whole lot more than I understand how electricity work and QP is a whole lot less scary. Just saying. But all is well now.
- Hole drilling in my office jump started my ambition and I’ve decided to tackle a reorganization of my office. I’ve started with a major paper purge and that’s a big plus. I’m embracing the Virgo let’s-get-down-to-work.
- I’ve got a hugely busy September planned and so I’m really enjoying the idea of this holiday weekend. My goal is to hit September feeling fabulously relaxed.
- I’m full-out embracing a new philosophy and way of living. More magic, less efforting. It’s what I came here for.
reading: Fits and starts on a bunch of things this week, but nothing completed. But I guess that just means next week will have lots of finishes to talk about. Or not.
watching: Whenever I think about adornment, I think about the Omo people. And I’ve been watching this video clip based on the photography of Hans Silvester. It just makes my heart happy.
listening: Vuoi Vuoi Mu from the album Idjagieda by Mari Boine
favorite word of the week: serein: meterology – a fine rain falling after sunset from a sky in which no clouds are visible
out and about:
- Before we wrap up August it might be time to look at the month’s birthstones
- Colombian photographer Santiago Bentancur Z’s soap bubble planets.
- !7th century star catalog and moon map
- Oh yeah, I most definitely want a brain mushroom.
- Elizabeth Bunsen’s work is swoon-worthy.
- Beata Wear’s fabulous waxed books.
So there you have it – my week from bubble planets to brain mushrooms and a bunch of stops between. Now your turn – what fabulous magic did your week bring? What’s your birthstone and do you wear it? Seeing signs of the seasonal turn where you’re at? Special plans for the holiday? Do tell – you know I love to hear.