Halloween’s not quite here, but that doesn’t mean we can’t pull out the treats. While I do celebrate Samhain with a late night ancestor-honoring ceremony, that still gives me plenty of time to enjoy the pumpkins and black cats, costumes and candy. I especially love the vintage-style paper mache jack-o-lantern and black cat I’ve collected.
If you were trick-or-treating at my house I’d let you select your candy from my jack-o-lantern, but seeing as how we’re playing long-distance, I’ve compiled a few on-line treats for your delight.
- Here’s a cute little video from Red Cap Cards to start us out.
- Black cats and their elegant tuxedo pals rule this time of year. And truly can we celebrate without a bit of existential musing by Henri the cat?
- Despite Henri’s protestations, Halloween really does require costumes. And being the paper-lover I am I’m pretty partial to Stuart McLachlan’s work. Check out the paper crows in this slideshow.
- Of course if my costume budget were unlimited I’d definitely choose this created by Gladys Paulus.
- With the crowning touch of this from Lace and Cable’s Etsy shop.
- One of my discoveries last week was Tapestry – an app that allows you to read short little stories by tapping. It’s meant for phone reading, but you can check it out here with this cute little ghost travel video.
- Of course Halloween isn’t Halloween without pumpkins, and this Frida-inspired beauty created by Alisa Burke may just be my favorite ever.
- And speaking of pumpkins, while I haven’t actually tried these pumpkin recipes yet so I can’t give them a forks up rating, they are so on my to-make-soon list. Don’t they sound delicious?
I hope your Halloween is filled with delightful tricks and delicious treats. And a remembering that with this seasonal turn of the wheel we’re called to honor our beloved dead and ancestors.
Do you have favorite Halloween/Samhain traditions? A favorite costume? A treat to share? Do tell, you know I love to hear.