I may have been overly influenced by birthday celebrations and reading Greek mythology but I had a perfectly marvelous dream last night. As Empress it was my job to create a parade in celebration of all things wonderful in my world. (Ah I do like a good dream where my Empress qualifications are recognized!) And so I created my version of a Trojan Horse – a gigantic piñata filled with all manner of wonderful things that would came popping out at parade time. As Pandora has been scapegoated for far too long with responsibility for releasing all the evils on Earth, I wanted to do my part to lift her spirits and change the story. Therefore I put her in charge of opening the trap door on the piñata at the right moment and releasing all the wonderfulness amidst much cheering from the crowd. The whole affair was quite a success. Seems to me that was a perfect way to continue the celebration of my birthday, add in a little festivity for the Fourth of July, and bring back a reminder we’re smack in the middle of The Year of the Horse. And all while my head was still resting on my pillow!
Now it’s time to celebrate another week with a Scattered Life Collective review. The invitation is always open to play along.
out the window: I’m not exactly sure why but this year I didn’t put up flower boxes on the railings of my front porch. Now I find I miss looking out of my front room windows from the tqble where I’m using my laptop and seeing a bright display of floral happiness. Time to change that!
on the menu earlier this week: Zucchini ribbons with lemon and Parmesan. I tossed on some walnuts and really enjoyed it.
- Countless delights filled my week and I am so touched and appreciative of the love-ifying I’ve been the recipient of. Thanks for all the birthday wishes and kindnesses, and I’m definitely looking forward to this next circling around the sun.
- You know how holidays can get you confused about what day it is? We were the recipients of fun surprise visit this morning from someone who thought it was Saturday and time for Science Club. Instead we got a bonus visit from them while we sat on the front porch with morning coffee. What a delight!
- Having our gutters repaired after the last wind/rain storm wreaked havoc on them.
- A super-delicious birthday torte cake – layers of yellow cake, chocolate cake, strawberry filling, banana cream filling, chocolate ganache, whipped cream and cherries. Oh my! And bonus points for cake breakfast the next morning.
Favorite word of the week: (a new category, with a tip of the hat to Sarah)
- Logophile: a lover of words
reading: Pandora’s Box: A 3-Dimensional Celebration of Greek Mythology by Christos Kondeatis and Sara Maitland. What fun! A book with pop-ups, a board game, things to cut out and assemble! Someone did a video showing all the bits so take a peek if you’d like.
watching: Apparently I’m in full-out whimsy mode because I was charmed by this La Luna clip.
listening: I may be watching the moon, but I’m listening to the sun. Meklit Hadero’s Soleil Soleil.
Out and about:
- 7 Life Learnings by Maria Popova printed in letterpress as a poster by Holstee.
- Mandy of Secret Message Society “I am going my own way”
- Listen to voice mail reviews of books. Call Me Ishmael
- Check out these ceramics by Taehoon Kim
- Little did I know how much I want a leaf costume until I saw this work by Riitta Ikonen
And I’ll leave it at that. (Sorry I couldn’t resist. I’m practicing my character.) What about you? What’s your week been like? Anything fun pop up? Have a favorite word? Been dreaming or scheming? Do tell – you know I love to hear.