Meandering amidst the land of letters, today I find myself musing with M.
I have a fabulous word to share: mirabilia.
According to Rob Brezsny’s book Pronoia is the Antedote for Paranoia:
mirabilia: events that inspire wonder, marvelous phenomena, small miracles, beguiling ephemera, inexplicable joys, changes that inspire quiet awe, eccentric enchantments, unplanned jubilations, sudden deliverance from boring evils; from the Latin *mirabilia,* “marvels.”
Doesn’t that make you shiver with delight? I meet weekly with a group of friends and one of the things we always do before we part is decide on some energies we’re going to hold collectively for each other. One of the ones we’ve been delighting in lately is “remaining open to receive all the joys coming our way.” I don’t think there could be a more direct invitation for mirabilia to show up. And I have to say, living with the intention of having mirabilia fill one’s world is a mighty wonderful thing. Look what’s shown up in the past couple days:
- Crazy mess of mushrooms growing in the sacred magical spot in front of our house that once was home to a very beautiful sycamore tree, long gone. Bonus points because a neighborhood kid found them and delighted in them, possibly even more than I did.
- A fabulously fun science fiction read – Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel.
- A slice of the most perfect quiche Lorraine, with a side of the freshest fruit, accompanied by the best coffee.
- Playing amongst my sparkliest beads.
- Tincturing vanilla beans with plans for some amazing future aromatics.
- Discovering there are “reversed” rainbows! Now that I know about them, I hope someday to see one.
- Working with the Flower of Life geometric form in a special project that’s lighting my heart, and inspiring a million more.
- Dreaming I had a gold hand and a silver hand and knowing the magical meaning of the metaphor.
I’ll stop my list at seven, because that’s a marvelous magical number for me. But I invite you to add your own mirabilia. You know I’d love to hear! Or perhaps you’d like to share what M thing is inspiring you today or what you’re musing about. It’s all perfect!