Happy New Moon. Happy Friday. Time for a Scattered Life Collective romp through my week. I love these peeks into each other’s worlds – do consider playing along.
out the window: An ice cream truck is sitting outside catering to a small crowd of squealing kids. Ah the joys of summer treats. And it certainly feels like I’ve had my share of treats this week, many of them of the tastebud variety.
on the menu: lavender iced coffee. Oh my, you may be witnessing me whoosing down that slippery slope of addiction. Feel free to join me.
- I have a sampler of mini tins of Adagio Teas from their zodiac collection. What fun! I’m enjoying this sign’s blend of rose hips, chamomile, rooibos, cornflowers and marigold petals. And when it’s finished I’ll have a delightful decorated tin with a sliding top. And you know how much I like tins (and boxes, and drawers, and containers of all sorts) – they’re all such good treasure holders.
- I took an afternoon online workshop with Jamie Ridler – Pearl Diving. A few fun hours of visioning, collaging and journaling and I’ve come up with some inspired ideas for new offerings for my biz.
- Friends. Made up words. Friends who make up words. Last night I was gifted with a special new word that’s rocking my word. Don’t worry, I’ll share it soon. But for now I’m enjoying using it as every other word in my in-my-head conversations. And walking around with a goofy smile on my face.
- Black cows. Not of the bovine variety, although I have nothing by love for them as well. But I’m talking about the root beer float variety. Oh yum. I told you it was a week of treats!
- Lightning bugs have arrived and begun their nightly magical shows.
reading: Donkey Dream: a love story of pie and farm by Katherine Dunn. I’ve sung Katherine’s praises many times – I have a number of pieces of her art which delight me. In addition to being a fabulous artist, she and her husband farm and provide a magical home for many loved animals included many aged and previously neglected ones. The book is a wonderful love story filled with her art, sweet stories, and some recipes to boot.
fun Etsy find: poetry tights
out and about:
- I have no idea why but I find this utterly mesmerizing. This wind map shows surface wind patterns across the entire U.S.
- Mellissai Lucia’s tribute to Shining Tribe Myth by tarotist Rachel Pollack.
- Hilarious letterpress postcards by Lisa Krowinski
- Paper and mysteries – two of my favorite things. So bonus points for these fabulous paper sculptures with a mysterious origin.
- I’m in love with the art of Adriana Torres of Miga de Pan.
- Who doesn’t love a good peek into the places people do their creative work? I proudly wear my studio voyeur badge! Be aware the following link comes with a time suck warning. Photographer Paul Barbera’s project Where They Create.
There you have it. What about your week? What treats have brightened your days? What’s lighting up your nights? What’s inspiring you at the moment? Do tell – you know I love to hear.