It’s Friday and time to join the Scattered Life Collective and invite you in for a peek at my week.
out the window: The wayshowers among the block’s trees are starting to don their autumn costumes. No dramatic reds or oranges yet, but some lovely luminescent yellows.
on the menu: Arugula, Apple & Chickpea Wraps
- Equinox celebrations and new moon wishing.
- Being reminded of the importance of encouragement, and having friends that do.
- New beeswax crayons.
- Romanesco broccoli. I love when my CSA box contains this little gem. Not because it’s one of my favorite veggies – it’s not. But seriously how can you not love something that looks so alien. I feel like I’m looking at a Martian forest.
- Having a mid-morning snack of German Chocolate cake with my husband and cracking each other up with made-up Gertman names for musical instruments. Pete purports to be fluent in several languages including French (learned from late night TV reruns of Sergeant Preston of the Yukon. So you see what I’m up against.
reading: Full Moon Feast: Food and the Hunger for Connection by Jessica Prentice. Truthfully I was a bit disappointed in this. Love the concept, but somehow it felt a bit stale. And I wasn’t inspired to try any of the recipes. Floriography rating: one stem of Redbud standing for betrayal.
watching: I’m loving this fabulous short video Iterations.
My Brightest Diamond’s Be Brave. This is so fabulous I don’t know how I existed without knowing about it before – how does that kind of thing happen?! I’m totally claiming this as my new theme song. Here’s to being brave, being changed, being undone. And to masks and costumes and all manner of wonderfulness. Yes!
favorite word of the week: plutomania. This week I’m loving a veggie that looks like it comes from Mars, so I thought I could extend a little love to Pluto as well. After all it’s gone direct after being in retrograde since April. But alas, plutomania has nothing to do with my pal planet. Rather it means “an obsession with money or wealth.” Oh well, I can get behind some wealth just as easily as I can a planet. Bring it on.
on the wish list: I’m loving Natalie Wargin’s art. She’s got an Etsy shop and I’m going to have to pick out a thing or two, like this print.
out and about:
- This tree project has me swooning with the possibilities.
- I love wishing on stars, be they celestial or paper. Check out this project, and make your own wish.
- I suspect we all need our own circle of seven bad-ass gang for inspiration. I have to think about this a bit longer, but I may well blog about my crew. And I’d certainly love to hear about yours.
- One of the flowers associated with the zodiacal sign of Libra is the damask rose. And here’s an article the resurgence of rose perfume.
- Marta Alta’s pencil shaving art.
That’s a peek into my week. What’s been happening in yours? Make any wishes? Hugged any trees? Do you have a guiding star song? Do tell – you know I love to hear.