is for Venus
The goddess of love and beauty always invites us to pay attention to the loveliness around us and invites us to put on our dancing shoes and participate in sprinkling bits of beauty with every spin and twirl.
There are a different numerical associations with Venus, but I’m settling on the number 5, as the pentagram is the symbol associated with planet Venus because of its orbit pattern. In the span of time it takes to come full circle of her orbit, her path traces the outline of the five-pointed star. I like to think Goddess Venus looks at that and smiles.
So in honor of Venus, I’m listing 5 beautiful things.
- Beautiful Truth about me:
I believed that I wanted to be a
poet, but deep down I just
wanted to be a poem.
~ Jaime Gil de Bieda
- Beautiful Admonition on how to live your beautiful life.
- Beautiful Flower being enjoyed by Beautiful Bee:
- Beautiful Love Song/Beautiful Performance Art/Beautiful Fun – all things Venus smiles upon
- Beautiful Sunset with Moon. This isn’t a current photo, but Venus would approve of the gorgeousness of it. But do go peek out at the moon in its current phase – we’re nearing the Full Strawberry Moon and it will be big and luscious. Enjoy it!
Today’s index card for the ICAD challenge is a tip of the hat to Venus.
So what are some of your favorite ways to honor Venus? What’s your favorite love song? Have a favorite love poem? Do you talk to the moon? Write love letters? Do tell – you know I love to hear.