Today at the Kickin’ It Old Skool blog-a-thon the prompt is 10 Things about Me! Here we go…
1. I use flower essences and essential oils every single day. If I could I’d wear flowers in my hair as well. I’m a human garden.
2. I’m a Cancer Sun/Libra Moon/Scorpio rising; my 9 Star Ki is 3.1.7 meaning I’m yang wood, water, yin metal; and I’m a Myers-Briggs INFJ.
3. I love pretty packages. I can imagine working in a charming little boutique wrapping up treasures in beautiful papers and gorgeous ribbons, infusing everything with extra sparkles of love and delight.
4. While you might know or guess that I have a strong relationship with the Divine Feminine, I also have a very strong connection to Thoth and Hermes/Mercury.
5. I can’t imagine life without poetry.
6. I think the adage by Eubie Banks is a wonderful philosophy for life. “Be grateful for luck. Pay the thunder no mind – listen to the birds. And don’t hate nobody.”
7. While in many ways I’m organized, I wish I could find a right-fit way to control and corral the immense amount of paper I generate. I love words. I love images. I jot thoughts down everywhere. I doodle endlessly. I live in a snowstorm of paper.
8. I have a wisdom tooth talisman. Some people think keeping a tooth borders on gross, but I don’t get that. And it makes me laugh in delight knowing I have a little extra wisdom available when I need it.
9. I love the idea of secret hiding places – hidden little caches that contain a surprise. Which is why all my journals have pockets and hidden places to slip things. Keep your eyes open, your curiosity tuned, and your detecting skills honed and life will present you will endless magic.
10. I just purchased a wonderful piece of art. But it’s being exhibited so I won’t actually have it in my hands until sometime in January. But it delights me no end knowing in the meantime many others are enjoying it and I like to think of their eye tracks all over the art.
And there you have it, ten truths about me. What about you? How about one thing? Do tell – you know I love to hear.