Time for another Gratitude Gumbo, a round-up of random joy points that have brightened my week and for which I’m thankful.
1. Vision has been a theme this week. A trip to the optometrist and a new prescription – yay new glasses! I’m grateful for the ease with which my vision can be corrected. My father developed macular degeneration and suffered significant vision loss, and it was hard watching his world become increasingly limited. So I think I pay more attention to this gift than I might otherwise. But this week was also a celebration for a friend’s grandchild who as a young babe is receiving some state of the art treatment to correct significant vision issues he was born with. And so my personal world was touched by a story of what a difference tissue and organ donation makes.
2. I’m giving a shout out to my long-time friend who goes by the nickname Sweet Violet. How she claimed that moniker is her story to tell, but let me just say it was hilarious and involved dye. I’m grateful for her friendship and the laughter we’ve shared over years that have held both the hard and the happy, and I’m sending a boatload of love her way. She’s taught me so much about heart connections.
3. Paper, paper, paper. Have I mentioned my love affair with paper? It showed up early in my life. My mother claimed all she ever needed to do to entertain me was set a magazine in front of me and I’d rip my way into hours of contentment. That’s probably why I like collaging so much, and this week I made time to do an eclipse one and one for the new moon. I also got to play with beautiful origami paper (Paper Jade is one of favorite sources) creating a bunch of paper boxes. And I also got to work on some surprise mailings.
4. This video by Ze Frank An Invocation to Begin is BRILLIANT. Yes, I’m shouting. Because it delights and inspires me so. (And a thank you to Michele Bergh for bringing it into my field of awareness!) I’m going to watch it daily and see what it impact it has.
5. I’m a big believer in bath therapy. Water is a great inviter of inspired thoughts. Knowing that I’m a flower essence practitioner and aromatherapist, you won’t be surprised to know that I’m also a big believer in natural ingredients as well. And so I was delighted to find this delicious slightly fizzy oil-infused bath melt that is a heaven send for my already winter-dried skin. From Endue on Etsy.
6. I love and respect Lori-Lyn Hurley. She’s a beautiful lightworker living an intuitive life and spreading her magic in delightful ways. We’ve been gently dancing around in each other’s circles for while. I love how transparent she is in her process. This is a blessing to everyone stepping into their divinely-guided life, and I’m grateful she’s here shining with such beauty. This week she wrote a wonderful blog post about connecting with her guides. Check it out.
7. Today was a beautiful day – one of those perfect transition autumn days. The sky was a deep bright blue, the crisp air was sun-warmed, and I enjoyed the crunch of leaves underfoot as I did what was probably one of the last rounds of raking. There were squirrels chattering and looking for treats to carry off and a couple of crows flying overhead sending their blessings. And then I came in and made a cup of orchid vanilla tea and had a Skype chat with a lovely new friend in Germany. Life is good and I have lots to be grateful for.
What about you? What are you appreciating?